Thursday, October 7, 2010

Claim Jumper Motherload Cake

If you ever get a chance, you have to get the Claim Jumper Motherload Cake.  It is 6 layers of cake filled with sooo much chocolate you can't see straight after!  It is delicious and amazing and I cannot say enough good things about it.  So, of course, I want to be able to make this at home.

For my Father's birthday, I set out to make the Motherload.  I found a recipe online and it was WAY too much.  I decided to half the cake and so I only did 3 layers, but it was still huge!  Soo much chocolaty fudge and goodness.  The frosting was very difficult to deal with.  It was very liquidy and went wherever it wanted to go.  Then, within minutes it hardened.  So, this was not a cake I was going to decorate, just a cake I was going to enjoy.
Before it dried you are suppose to place chopped walnuts on the side.  I was too slow for this.  So we had a few nice bites with it.
All in all, the cake is only as good as the enjoyment of the recipient.  It was delicious and messy and wonderful.  However, I think with this exact cake, you may want to just get it at Claim Jumper where you know they will always make it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment