Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Basketball Attempt

I was asked to do another cake for my Mother's class.  The boy loves basketball and chocolate.  So, I thought a basketball cake could be easy enough and clearly I'm good enough to fondant a cake again.

I made a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream painted orange.  I measured the top of the cake and rolled the fondant accordingly.  I layed the fondant on the cake and *facepalm*.  I measured for the top of the cake, the 9" not enough to cover the entire cake!  I didn't have enough for the rest so thi was now a semi-fondant covered cake.
I thought I could add texture now that the fondant was on the cake and it wasn't working well.  So I gave up and focused on the lines and writing the boys name.  I was pretty proud of it, even thought it wasn't perfection.  It was still pretty okay.
Then, I showed everyone my cake and my mom said something like, "Is this wet?"  She left a nice streak on the cake.  I fixed it, but it made it just a little more less perfect.
All in all, I can't be too upset with myself because I don't know what I'm doing, I'll I know is the next one has got to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment