Friday, November 16, 2012

U.S.S. Dean

For one of my Boss's birthdays, I decided to make a cake.  He is into sailing, so I tried to figure out something to do with that.  I had a hard time figuring out how to make a 3D boat out of food, without spending a million hours on it.  So, I ended up running to the store and looking for a toy.  I found this cute little boat.

I just did variations of blue for the water and put in a little island on top with brown sugar.  However, it wasn't until I was putting on the boat when I realized that I was putting the boat on the island, which makes no logical sense.  Oh well.  I secured the boat with a dowel and added a small sale.

The cake was chocolate with fresh strawberries and vanilla frosting.  It was really tasty and I was proud seeing I didn't dedicate much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment