Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oreo Cake

I decided that about every other cake is good, so this one came out okay!

My mom teaches an early morning bible study class.  She has a handful of kids who are freshmen in high school.  She asked if I would start making cakes for them for their birthdays.  It gave me the perfect excuse to make at least 7 cakes a year!  Yippee!  It's no fun making a cake if you don't have people to eat it!

This boys favorite dessert was oreos, so I got a-googling.  The cake was just a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and you mix in the oreos with the buttercream.  I went very heavy on the oreos.

It may not be "store bought" quality, but as long as the person eating the cake loves it...it's perfect!  He loved the cake and I thought it was pretty tastey myself.  It gave me a good oppritunity to try writing on the cake again and an attempt at a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment