Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Holidays!

For a Holiday cake, I decided to do chocolate with mint filling.  For the filling, I chopped up Andes mints and it was so delicious!
For decor, I tried a rope border that was new for me.  The rope work came out much better then my dots and even my shell border on the bottom.
I did better with the writing, but I should have taken the time to mix in a little piping gel to make it smooth.
For the top, I made cake pops for the first time!  I have an autographed book by Bakerella that my mother got me.  The pops are actually much harder than I expected them to be.  You have to be very fast when you work with the candy coating.

I just loved the cake pops once the hard work was over.  They were made out of red velvet and they were so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment