Monday, November 1, 2010

Decorating Basics

Now that I’ve passed the second Wilton course, I thought I should go back and do Basic’s with the instructor I enjoyed.  However, it would be my last since she doesn’t teach Fondant & Gum Paste or Tiered cakes.  I’ll have to do that on my own.

For basics everything started to make sense!  I had been missing out on helpful quick tips and things that save a lot of time.  This is one of the cakes we made using a #12 tip.

We were suppose to trace the design and do one, but since things were finally clicking, I free handed the fish and made a coral design.

This cake isn’t nearly as impressive as the Rose cake, but know that it made me proud.  I’m so glad that I finally have learned some basics and can do things that every cake decorator should be able to (like make dots!).

No comments:

Post a Comment